Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Cold War Fun

There is a book making the rounds in my circle that I read years ago. About a limited Nuclear war with the Soviets. It's about the effects 5 years down the road. While maybe exaggerated in parts and a left slant, Still very good food for thought. We have built a mighty world that could pulled out from underneath us like a house of cards. Best to not forget that. I put a couple of fun old Civil defense Posters on the sidebar for your enjoyment. and Last but not least, how about some song lyrics to make you nostalgic for those good old "Doctor Strangelove" days. From Donald Fagen:

Found a Video for this from the dawn of MTV. I remember when MTV played music.





NEW FRONTIER

Yes we're gonna have a wingding
A summer smoker underground
It's just a dugout that my dad built
In case the reds decide to push the button down
We've got provisions and lots of beer
The key word is survival on the new frontier

Introduce me to that big blonde
She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld
She's wearing Ambush and a French twist
She's got us wild and she can tell
She loves to limbo, that much is clear
She's got the right dynamics for the new frontier

Well I can't wait 'til I move to the city
'Til I finally make up my mind
To learn design and study overseas

Have you got a steady boyfriend
Cause honey I've been watching you
I hear you're mad about Brubeck
I like your eyes, I like him too
He's an artist, a pioneer
We've got to have some music on the new frontier

Well I can't wait 'til I move to the city
'Til I finally make up my mind
To learn design and study overseas
Let's pretend that it's the real thing
And stay together all night long
And when I really get to know you
We'll open up the doors and climb into the dawn
Confess your passion your secret fear
Prepare to meet the challenge of the new frontier








Full version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBruAooXPNU

1 comment:

Blind Orange Julius said...

Thank you, dear God thank you! I haven't seen that since I was in college!